1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what kind of meyers plow is this?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by joeloakes, Nov 22, 2009.

1. joeloakes

joeloakes Junior Member

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/for/1476612352.html

hey everyone i was wondering what you guy thought of this plow if you think its a good deal and if it would bolt up to a 1992 gmc suburban?

looking to get into plowing and would like you professional opinion on this setup.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's an ST series. Looks like it's had some home brew mods done on the blade. A couple extra (and crudely) added trip spring but the biggest issue is that somethings up with the out vertical ribs....there aren't any. It's also a conventional mount A-farme but he's running it on an EZ-Classic series mount. Not a big deal but it places the plow WAY out in front of the truck. The truck side equipment looks ok though and will fit your Sub.

Wouldn't pay $1250 for it unless it also comes with a $500 instant rebate card. :D

3. joeloakes

joeloakes Junior Member

Cool thanks for the info. This site is the greatest.
    So do forsee any problems with the missing vertical ribs or the plow being so far out in front of thr truck.

thanks again for the help.:nod:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That would depend on what you intend to use the plow for. The length isn't really an issue (unless your garage is short :D) but without the support of the missing ribs the outboard ends of the moldboard have little strength during windrowing. If you're just plowing your own driveway with it I wouldn't be too concerned but if you have customers depending on this plow or have to pay $1250 for it I'd pass.

5. joeloakes

joeloakes Junior Member

ok i am going to keep looking thanks for the help B&B

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with your continued search Joe. Post back if you find something. :drinkup:

7. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hey B&B doesnt it look like it was a longer plow and was shortened?

8. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

thats what i was thinking:confused:

9. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

Hey u guys i have same plow it had 2 springs i added a 3rd but the plow looks just like mine st7.5 in my catalog from mill supply they show the same model....

10. Sonic Buzz

Sonic Buzz Member

Sorry i just looked at the picture again and the end vertical are missing and the feet are to far in

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thats what it appears at first but probably isn't. The shoe mounts are where they should be and I doubt they moved them during their "custom" mods so they simply removed the outer ribs for one reason or other. And basing on it's age I'd say it was because they were rotting off.