1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of light setup for a homeowner?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Jettix2, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Jettix2

Jettix2 Member

So what kind of warning light setup should I get for plowing my driveway? Visibility is important as I am at the top of a blind hill.

2006 Tundra DoubleCab.....

I realize the cheap mag-mount Wolo lights are the most common, but I'm not sure how I'm going to route the DC-cigarette plug into the cab, as we regularly use all the doors. The rear window slides all the way down. I'd rather not have the coil-cord zig-zagging through my field of view in the cab all day long, either;) I know, I'm picky!!

Maybe I need a nice, low profile, LED strobe setup, ha ha ha;) I bet my wife won't go for that!! :)

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

You could do some hide-a-ways in all four corners and maybe a smaller Whelen 9M Mini Edge strobe bar on a back rack wired to a switch. It depends on what your budget is. You could go anywhere from $50 to $2500.