1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of fluid....

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mow It All, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Mow It All

Mow It All Member

I need to put some fluid in my pump, its a E-47, what kind of fluid can i put in there? thanks
  2. I use Snow Plow hydraulic oil HF1. Get it at any auto parts store that carries plow parts, or any lawn and snow equipment center.
  3. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

I use Western fluid. I gave up an the Myers as every time it was below 14F or (-10C)
    It would start to ice up, even if I just flushed and changed the fluid in the system. with the Western Fluid we have had mostly below -4F (-20F) for weeks and I haven't had an issue.
    hope this helps.
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Any good hydrlic fluid will work for you, look for the AW (all weather) rating

I use boss's hydrlic fluid in all of my plows, western, hiniker and boss.
    Their fluid has a -40 rating.
    I have never had any proublems with it.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

See Below

Where you using real Meyer Fluid or the Blue Meyer type fluid?
  6. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Heavy Duty Hydraulic fluid...the kind like they use in the big equipment you see out working every in freezing temps...available at places like NAPA...Carquest...Farm Supply stores... Much cheaper than $7.00 per quart of the so called "Snow Plow Fluid" :dizzy:

WE have tested the various kinds ( even this season ) and just the other day we had one that was filled with MEYER fluid was so thick it would not move the plow until we heated the fluid & all the others filled with the HD hydro fluid performed just fine.... My 2 cents
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Well, we had -23 this morning.
    I used the truck to go get the paper and push some drifts off my drive with my plow.
    IT worked the same as it does at +30 no noise, no whining, and boss fast....
    you may not like there plows but there fluid is worth every penny,

Really, what is a couple of bucks?
    It can be the difference between a plow that works and one that does not.

We too have tested hydraulic fluids over the past 25 years.:waving:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  8. Big Ben

Big Ben Junior Member

Nope, black bottle silver label. Meyer Fluid says it's supose to be good to -40????