1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of damage have you seen occur on sites that created a safety concern/issue

Discussion in 'Snow Management Safety & Training' started by Michael J. Donovan, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

What kind of damage have you seen occur on sites that created a safety concern or issue? While out during an event, or out on a site in general, what are some things that have happened to you, or you have seen occur, that have, or could cause, a safety concern?

please discuss/post examples of some of the safety issues you may have seen, or have caused concern for you as operators

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

people stringing extention cords across driveways, parking lots(50'+) even say a guy plugging in his car across the street with the extention cord across a city road:dizzy: I was once plowing a private road when I saw this thing whip out the side of my truck, I stopped to look, it was a plastic covered metal clothesline that they used to tie up there dog, I guess a caught it, stretched it, then it snapped back with enough force, that if a shoveled or customer was standing there it would not have been nice.

that made me put this in my contracts:
    10. Customer understands & accepts that XXX is not responsible for damages to any & all objects hidden under snow, & that the customer must pick up loose objects that are in areas that snow is to be removed from or
    piled on.