1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of code reader?????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sharpshooter77, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

What kind of code reader would a international DT466 series motor use. The Motor is a 2000 international moving trucking, Also have one more question on that same truck, Sometimes it has trouble shuting off. Do these trucks have a mechanical shut off or is all electrical. I am just getting in to these bigger diesel and I have a few newbie questions for you guys. THANKS for the help guys.

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

first question shuting off once its warm drive it awhile and park it ? or as soon as fire it up

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

It will have an electronic solenoid on a mechanical valve of the injector pump for fuel shutoff.

I believe IH engines need their own computer system- pretty sure they are NOT ODBII or CAN compliant.
    We rent one a couple weeks a year at my day job- last time we had trouble the local service shop had a full diagnostic computer and the connector was not a standard auto connector like the OBD2 system