1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of ballast

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by porabjr, Sep 4, 2013.

1. porabjr

porabjr Member

What does everyone use for ballast. Eventually my plan is too add a salt spreader to my truck and that will solve the problem. In the meantime, any suggestions? Looking for something simple that I can remove easily if I want to use the bed again.

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

3. ppkgmsy

ppkgmsy Member
    from Vermont

I use sand bags. They work great and are easy to move in and out. Also, if I get stuck I just slice one open and spread under the wheels.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't use anything ,never a problem.

5. DaleK

DaleK Junior Member

Tractor weights. Lots of weight in a small package, just make sure you tie them down solid.

6. porabjr

porabjr Member

Thanks for the advice. Definitely a bene of using sand bags. May end up using a couple of tree logs that I ratchet strap to rear of bed.

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

8. DaleK

DaleK Junior Member

She's more expensive to fuel than the truck though Dogplow

9. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You kidding ?

All it takes is a skid full of animal crackers, and a bucket of imitation cheese, and she's ready to go !:p