1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of axel?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by JeepPlow18, Apr 9, 2007.

1. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I have a 89' Jeep Cherokee and it will be retired from plowing and want to put a lift on it. They always ask what kind of axel, just wondering if you guys know what it has stock or what I can look for to distinguish it from a Dana 35 or a Chrysler 8 1/4'' axel. Thanks
  2. JeepTJ

JeepTJ Senior Member

My 01 XJ has a 29 spline, 8.25 Chrysler. Try this link for photos of different Jeep axles.

3. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thank you that made all the difference. :bluebounc
  4. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

JeepPlow18, wondering why your puting the jeep to rest as far as plowing. I have a 1999 cherokee as well a a 2001 chevy HD. I do all of my res.drives with the cherokee, haven't use the HD in two years.
  5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Im in to mostly commercial. I love the truck and will still use it for offroading purposes but its just not heavy enough to plow big lots.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What will you be doing with the plow?

EDIT: just noticed how old this post was, sorry