1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What kind and where to purchase a urethane edge?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CK82, Oct 19, 2005.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I have a 8.5 Western plow, and am looking into putting a urethane edge on it, anyone know of any good places to purchase and what brand of urethane edge?

2. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I wish that I could help. Actoully I was thinking about trying a set of poly edges on one of my Boss v plows also just to see how they wear compared to one with steel. I also don't know where to find them.
  3. Gregg Blair

Gregg Blair member

You can contact Jessica at 800-289-1456 Ext. 102 She can help you with urethane edges.
  4. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Any other information of where and what kind of U edge to buy, wish someone could leave a little more. Anything would help
  5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

A plastic edge?

Not for me thanks.

What are you plowing? Hard wood floors?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

CK 82 PM Garage Keeper here on this site. He sells Fall Line Products and is in NE Illinois so shipping would be pretty cheap. John has been selling (and useing) these for about 10 years now so he has a lil experience with them. He knows a heck of alot about these poly edges and he will answer any question you may have.
  7. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

I am thinking of getting one, have some homes with concrete drives and retired folks, they complain the scrapping noise wakes them up. Sometimes plowing in the middle of the night and had the window down man that edge can make loud noises on concrete. The homes are small and bedrooms sometimes near the drive. They never hear the truck just the scrapping noise.
  8. Gregg Blair

Gregg Blair member

Here we go again. First this is not plastic it is polyurethane. It reacts much like rubber, but outlasts rubber by up to 7 times. Again, not plastic! This topic as well as the contacts available have been discussed many times on this site. Do a search for urethane or u edges. I'm sure you'll come up with a lot of information. I would provide you with a little more, but I am a manufacturer and not a sponsor on this site, therefore I am respecting the rules. Oh, and by the way. In testing and actual use, a urethane edge will outlast a steel edge by an average of 4 times the life.
  9. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

If you don't want your customers to know that your out in their drive plowing then a polyurethane edge is the way to go.
    The edges do clean very well.
    You would'nt have to worry about damaging the paved surfaces either, which makes a good selling point to your customer.
    Edge life is good overall but this also depends on what type of surface your plowing, and how aggressive you plow.
    I have a few that have been in use for over several years or more and would be hard pressed to change back.
    They do not scape "hardpack" snow like steel because they slide and flex so please remember that should you decide to purchase one.
    If you need any additional information please let me know.
    :rolleyes: John...