1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what I've been up to

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 85 Toyota 22R, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Well this winter I knew I wanted to get an s10 for the little 6ft snoway I have so I set out on the quest to find a good one but couldn't find a nice one with low miles. So i thought about converting the 2wd s10 I had...... to you guessed it, 4wd. and did just that.

Started out with this: (the red s10, sorry best pic I have on the computer)
    bought it for 225 bucks 2yrs ago with the tranny out fixed it and drove it for 2 years

After finding a 4x4 frame on craigslist. Rounding up countless parts including 4x4 oil pan, cross member, drive shafts etc. I then put on new ball joints, rebuilt the transmission, all for that dang tailshaft, (easier than I thought), transfer case, put on new cab corners, rockers, made my plow mount, the list goes on and on. but here she sits as of today.
    Now I just need to put herculiner on the bottom, get a rear drive shaft, throw the bed on, button the exhaust up and she's ready to roll.
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Wow, you must have some patients to go through all of that.
  3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet truck!

how much long untill you finish
  4. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

that's alotta work. Make sure you post finished pics of it.
  5. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Yea it's taken some patients, but gives me something to do since I only go to school 3 days a week. It should be on the road by next week sometime, all depends on when I get a rear driveshaft, and I don't know what to do for exhaust, think I'll just get duals now that way I already have them when I put my 350 in this summer.
  6. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

All that work and no solid axle...? Good work.
  7. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Not this time around, just wanted to get it done fast and cheap. Maybe this summer
  8. RLTimbs

RLTimbs Member

nice job man

I'm a ZR2 owner myself.. and if it wasn't for the notorious weak front end.. I'd have a plow on my truck.
  9. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Thats why everyone calls me the s10 king, got a driveshaft this afternoon going out to put new u joints in it now. I'm going paint it tomorrow after school if everything goes right. At least tomorrow is my last day of classes, god I hate finals. (well back to working on the pimp-10 as we call it, then studying)
  10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Sweet work man! Looks like a good way to occupy your time.
  11. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

yea it is a good way to eat up time. S-10's just keep calling my name going to look at another one tomorrow so I don't think I'll get it painted until Saturday.
  12. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

95% done, got pictures of it all herculined but they wont work right now? Just need to bleed brakes (no one else home but me today), finish topping off fluids, and then take her for a ride, as long as the trans works everything should be golden. getting exhaust done on Wednesday. I'll try posting pictures again tomorrow
  13. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Well, these pictures were after the first test drive of it being 4wd. everything works as it should transmission shifts hard, (thanks to the shift kit and corvette servo),4wd works great, no leaks, couldn't ask for anything more, just needs an alignment and exhaust also still need to order my light tower for the plow and get my light bar back from my buddy.

here's the pics.
    ill get better ones during the day tomorrow
  14. rebelplow

rebelplow Senior Member

Nice work! I like the Herculiner two-tone paint job.
  15. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

So how much do you have in it now after converting over?
  16. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Nice work!!
  17. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

Just added it up and and the exhaust is gonna put me a hair over $1000.But that is everything . Couldn't buy a nice one for that
  18. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

well, I've been driving it for a week and everything has been working great, got the exhaust done, sounds pretty good for a 6 cylinder. Got to plow some,about 6inches total with 3 foot drifts, and it did great, couldn't be more happy. Meant to take pictures but I've seemed to misplaced the camera.
  19. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

I had a 96 S-10 two wheeled drive with a 2.2 4 cylinder.
  20. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

wow looks pretty good.