1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is your preference?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DAR57, Sep 16, 2007.

1. DAR57

DAR57 Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I just got a contract for a 54 UNIT condo assoc. What have you guys found to work the best for you? I usually do commercial lots and have helped other guys by back dragging drives w/my V plow(pain), but I am leaning towards backplows. Have considerd using mowers w/blowers, ATV etc. What would you use?
  2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

any chance you have a skid steer? or maybe a friend who has an extra one? if not than it seems as a back plow would work well for that, i have never used one but seen some of the movies people put up on this site. i dont think a snowblower would be fast enough to make $ unless you have a 3 point tractor. just what my thoughts are
  3. DAR57

DAR57 Junior Member
    from NW Ohio

I think I can find a skid steer. Are they really that much quicker?
  4. MDSP

MDSP Member

We do 500 condo units a night. yes skid steers are that much quicker!!!
  5. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I run two Boomer's - utility tractors with front mount snow blower for all residential/commericial housing or condo units. If the snow is wet and heavy and I can't blow - then the skids and then the trucks with plows -