1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is your MINIMUM cost for any account per deice?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

More specifically in north east states like NJ, PA, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA etc..

Your minimum contracted amount just to send your trucks out and visit a site for salt/calcium treatment no matter how small the site is. 1k sq ft or 20k sq ft.

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

nothing less than $150 unless it is next door to something we already do. Then maybe $125 for a very small lot.

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

100$ blip blip I'm done in 60 seconds

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Lehigh Valley PA $125 salt trip min.

$100 minimum for plowing a small lot with F350

5. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I need to move.....

6. leigh

from CT

Closer or farther away?

7. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Anywhere but here. I'm way too close to Erie. Too many guys making 25-30 an hour and thinking they're making it big time.

8. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

$150.00 min.

9. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

My thoughts are not worth much since I don't yet own a spreader(bigger then my lil tailgate unit) & in wrong side of continent, but I'd say $60 would be min for me & some small lots I got. Thats $10 salt & $50 for showing up to give 1 quick blast.

10. Mustang

Mustang Member
    from NY

Seriously???????

11. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Seriously. I can hire a sub with a 1 ton truck and a 9 foot blade for $30/hour. Almost not even worth it

12. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

Jim I would suggest you look hard at subbing more work outThumbs Up

13. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No kidding. I wouldn't even check the weather for that kind of money. Much less set an alarm and go plow snow.

14. JimMarshall

from NW PA

It's hard to even sub out and make money cause these same people are doing driveways for $5 and 10 and 30 mintue parking lots for $20......

15. Mike_C

Mike_C Senior Member
    from Jersey

That's insane...guess I shouldn't be complaining about the prices around here

16. leigh

from CT

That's nuts,I got 40$ an hour when I started in 1987! But I think the cost of living in ct is a lot higher.If I could get subs for 30$ an hour I could retire in a few years lol.I wouldn't even get out of bed.

17. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Only problem with that is that subs are unreliable. That's why I don't use them. I do a bit better than that. Our operation is known for being the priciest in town. If you want unreliable service from a jack wagon with a multicolored truck and a meyerstelizzarinikerbossdogg plow that breaks down 4x a day, call one of the cheapies around town. People are willing to pay for professionalism and reliability.

18. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

At $30 an hour sub 3 of them even if 2 don't show still could be ok

19. leigh

from CT

I would feel guilty if I hired a sub at those prices,I pay my drivers 30$ an hour in my trucks!

20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Yeah my shovelers get $2 and drivers get $35 and machine operators get $45