1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is your guys plan of attack?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I was just cerious how you guys attck each plowable snowfall. What would your plan of attack be if you were expecting 6 inches of snow? for example, would you plow the first three inches of snow on all of your accounts and then the left over three inches of snow on your accounts? Or would you plow all six inches of snow right away?
    How would you plow 6 inches of snow?
    How would you plow 12 inches of snow?

Thanks guys!

2. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Excuse me for spelling curious wronge...sorry

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Most "plow with the storm". But I wait till it's over. I routinely push 12".

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

When I see the first snow flake I go to bed.
    When I wake up I start plowing no mater how much snow there is. I stop when all my jobs are finished. Sometimes I have to sleep on the job, but not offten.

5. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I go at 2 inches and keep going with the storm until I'm all done.

6. ultimate plow

from N. IL

Thats usually how I do it to boss.....

7. I've commercial jobs that spread out about 35 miles going west to east. I'll keep an eye on radar, and depending which way the storm is moving I'll follow it. THat way I usually keep right on the tail end of the storm. Works pretty good for me. :redbounce

8. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Most of my lots are on a 2" trigger. I would start plowing at 2" & continue to plow every 2" after that. When the storm was finished I would return to each customer for clean up.

9. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

Believe it or not most of my accounts are a 1" trigger. I would start plowing at about 2AM so that all the accounts have had my attention shortly before opening or business hours. If it keeps snowing I will turn right around and do them again by 3PM to 5PM so that when people go home from work they don't get snow in their shoes. Of course that is in a perfect world. Usually I'm either behind or ahead just depending upon when it starts and stops snowing.

10. ultimate plow

from N. IL

I also like to start at 2inches and moce with the storm. I dont wanna plow six inches of snow and beat the he** outta my equipment.