1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is your favroite tire to run

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by caz1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 Member

What is your favorite tire to run for plowing i work full time in the tire bis and tried all dif kinds of corse just in my drive way until now trying to go pro but any way my is the bfg all terrian ta with siping done to them can't have tires that aren't siped

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Cooper Discoverer M&S.

3. maurader

maurader Member

My favorite tire is also the BFG All-Terrain T/A. I've used them for the past ten years on three different vehicles plowing and I've never had to be pulled out. I have pulled out friends that were using different tires and convinced them to try the BFGs. My new truck has Bridgestone tires and I guess I'll have to suffer until they wear out. I got tires for life when I bought the truck so if they wear out at 15,000 miles I can upgrade and get what I really want.

4. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

GoodYear MT/R'S

5. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Those Coopers M+S Snow tires are Sh*t! I put a new set on my truck and during todays snow storm, I couldn't even climb mtn passes in 4x4, the dam things would not stop on ice or even make turns.

My other truck with BFG COMM TRACTION tires worked great and didn't have any problems I had to drive in 2x4 since the 4x4 broke. These are by far the best I've seen in 15 years.

Wednesday, I'm gettin me another set of those and puttin them on my other truck and tossin out them Coopers.

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I run Bridgestone Dueler AT's right now. Pretty good all around tire, but I did like the Cooper Discoverer AT's better. Seem to have better winter grip than my Dueler AT's.

Buck

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

235/85 - 16 tall and narrow digs right though snow to pavement for best traction. Wide tires float on top of snow.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, tall and narrow rules with some decent tread too.

9. Steeley

Steeley Junior Member
    from Maine

BF Goodrinch TKO best tire I have ever had