1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is your favorite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by magnum1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

What music do you listen to when plowing ( favorite group and or song )
    Mine is Iron butterfly you guested it In-a-godda-da-vita long version
    I probably just dated myself, Maybe thats why it says SENIOR MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

ac/dc thunderstruck, metalica enter sandman, ted nugent stranglehold

3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Smoke on the Water-DP, the Bleeding Heart-JH

4. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Deep Purple Great choice Space Trucking :):) Ya

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Boston "Peace of Mind", "More Than a Feeling", Linkin Park "Figure.09", "In The End", "One Step Closer", and Nazareth "Hair of The Dog". Just a few from my Plow Mix CD's.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Im a country guy mostly, spent the majority of last winter listening to Brantley Gilbert whose just starting to get popular now as well as what was playing on the radio. I love listening to Copperhead Road when im plowing roads though and can cruise a little faster.

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Country, rap, christmas music.

8. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Yeah I have Brantley too, been listening to him since 2009.

9. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

How about Brother Phelps ( any way the wind blows ) or Don Walser ( cowpoke )

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Pantera, Cowboys From Hell, anything from Metalica, White Zombie, Phish or Stevie Ray Vaughn. Sooooo pretty much anything with a fast beat...

11. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I have Sirus/Xm in my truck so I flip back and forth from Octane (modern rock) Boneyard (older,classic rock) and the old time radio channel. I sometimes listen to the 80's hairband channel and the heavy rock channel depending on what is on it.

I prefer the old time radio channel, if there playing something that I like as I get interested in it and it makes the time go by faster, but I do not have to concentrate on it totally and can still drive/plow. This is what I do when I am driving long distance for my survey work, makes driving across the Midwest so much better!. remember, the shows were intended for the radio, in the 1930-50's for people that did not have as much visual stimulation as we are used to. So they are just as easy to listen to as a song on the radio, for me anyway, and I just love the Sci-fi and horror stories, as well as the comedy so well done (most of them)

But If I have a rider, I usually just leave it on octane

12. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

Just noticed, no one has even said anything about the old Christmas classic, Let it snow! :)

13. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

As Christmas music go's its twisted sister twisted christmas other than that it is classic rock all the way

I love my Z just not now

14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

How about the Black Sabith "Ironman" spin off "I am Santa Cluas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW2poUfJ34

15. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I like "merry christmas from the family"

I hated when I had a shoveler with me, then I couldnt sing along every song and feel ok about it.

16. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Thats good as well

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Magnum,as old as you are,Figured you'd be listening to Tony Bennett while plowing!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  18. ProLawn Outdoor

ProLawn Outdoor Senior Member

x2, Big Brantley Gilbert fan as well. Saw him live when he came to town at a small venue, the show was unreal!! I hope he sticks to his same style of southern rock country, I'm getting nervous because he's starting to become a lot more mainstream. Also a huge Eric Church fan. Pretty much anything country thats not payed on the radio 5x a day.

19. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

20. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I am old! I like the beach boys. Jim Croce, James Taylor, Rod Stewart, B.J. Thomas, Journey, Bob Seger and any old time rock & roll. Country works too!!