1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is you recipe?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by trucker47501, Feb 19, 2010.

1. trucker47501

trucker47501 Junior Member

im new to this liquid salt application and was wondering what the best mixes are? im wandering how many lbs. of salt per 100 gal. and what temp you start to add cal.. also how much per acre ect.. i would try buying it but no one in my area even does it so i will def. have a market share if i am the first....thanks for all your help!

2. trucker47501

bump:redbounce

3. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

2.3 lbs salt per gallon, I mix all my salt brine with calcium chloride in a 90% salt brine /10% cal chloride mix.

GPA depends, 60-100 gallons is average for me.

4. trucker47501

ok so that would be 230 lbs of salt for 100 gal. and how many lbs of cal. would i need to make that 90/10 ratio? is it 10% of the 100 gal.? if im thinking right, to get that ratio right i would start with the 100 gal. of water add 230 lbs of salt and 10 lbs of cal. am i thinking right? thanks for all ur help !!!

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes 230 lbs / 100 gallon water. 90 gallon water and 10 gallon liquid cal chloride. If you use the (search feature) you will find how to mix the dry cal chloride with the right volume of water. If I remember correctly it was given in detail in a liquid de-icing thread about 2 months ago? I don't remember the numbers for that, I have liquid cal chloride that I use. I would think to mix both products into a liquid form then mix the 2 together.

6. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I would tell ya, but then I would have to kill ya:laughing: