1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is with this weather?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Bporter, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Is it ever going to stay cold.... I wanna start seeing some freezing temps. :cry:
    Brian Porter
    Reliable Snow Removal

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i fully expect to be playin 18 on new years for the 3rd year in a row

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Wed have had freezing rain, sleet and just a few flurries already here in North Iowa. Ground is still too warm for anything to stick.

4. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Give It a few weeks

5. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

my guess is there is a very cold front that will move in this week. I still think we should see snow by thankgiving.

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe flakes but it will have to snow like heck to get a push in. 40 degree days dont let much stick around here. It was 58 last night here.

7. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

Snow Snow and More Snow

It finally arrived with a vengence here in Wasilla Alaska. A record snow fall fell since last Wednesday. Weirdest things I ever saw. If you take a square and quarter the square thats how it went. The first square got it then the second a so forth. Finally quit last night about three in the morning. Finished the last of the clean up a couple hrs ago. My drivers and I are all but dead but were all smiling too. Love haveing to go back two and three times in a 24 hr period. Sad part is there were 149 accidents on Sunday and 47 on Saturday with one fatality. Drive safe everyone and watch out for the crazies when your out there.
    Steve from Wasilla

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

good to hear its falling somewhere! that sure is alot of accidents! I hope you made alot of loot and and make sure you blow the storm down here!

9. LordOfTheSith

LordOfTheSith Member

why do I have the sinking feeling this winter is going to suck just as bad or even worse than last winter?

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I had snow last week, I'm ready for landscaping again!:rolleyes:

11. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

More snow

Just looked at the seven day forcast for my area and its calling for snow 5 out of the 7 beginning on Sunday. The weather paterns look almost exactly like they did last week when we got slammed. Looks like a busy week agin coming up. Yahooooo dollars, dollars and more dollars

12. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal Member

Yikes! weather man is calling for 3" of wet snow in my area...I'm still doing fall clean-ups..the leaves havent all fallen yet..parts for my new plow are on order..sheesh...Just Hope its a sign of a nasty winter in my area..i was starving last winter