1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is with this weather?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 7, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

You'd think I would be used to it by now. Chicagoland / Northern Illinois is notorious for haveing all 4-seasons in one week (and sometimes one day), but it never ceases to amaze me. The past few days have been fairly cold. Tonight they're saying we're going to start off with snow around rush hour, and then it will start changing to rain as the night progresses. Tomorrow's high... 53-freakin degrees?!?!?!?!

I think I've come up with the solution though. I'm gonna get a urethane edge from Dino. When it snows, I can plow. When it rains, I can squeegee. When it's sunny and warm, I'm going boating!

-Tim

2. kutnkru

kutnkru Member

Your warmer temps are supposed to hit Upstate NY on Friday with a high of like 48*.

YEA BABY!!!
    Kris

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Tim, if you want to see one mounted, I have one. I agree this weather has been odd, but it's a good thing we got some snow in December, or we would have had nothing without it.

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Tim,
    Don't feel bad, In Kansas City, today we are supposed to have a high of 56, then get cold over night. Thursday into friday low of 12.

Maybe the SNOW man will visit!!!

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We plowed all day yesterday.
    We salted this morning.
    Local weather dude says we MIGHT hit 70 on Friday.
    Then plowable snow for Saturday.

Go figure.

6. CCLC

CCLC Member

The weather is sure strange right now. It looks like we will have a big mess on our hands tonight.

7. Smither

Smither Member

Here in Central Illinois, we're going to get thunderstorms tomorrow. We got 3" of rain in one day last week. That combimed with the thaw going on kept basement dewaterers very busy. Could have used Tim's squeegee.

8. SlimJim Z71

Okay John, since you obviously can't share the snow with the rest of us... could you use another plower out there in Erie??? I can re-locate... LOL

-Tim

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Supposedly according to our weather guesser we are going to start off with snow til midnight, freezing rain til daybreak, rain til Friday afternoon and then snow Friday into Saturday. Can't wait.

10. SlimJim Z71

If nothing else, it's gonna be interesting...

-Tim [​IMG]

[Edited by SlimJim Z71 on 02-07-2001 at 03:04 PM]

11. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Hey John,
    If it hits 70 degrees in Erie on Friday, you could use those U Edges as squeegies, and plow the water!

Weird weather ain't it!!!!

12. John Allin

We fully expect that if the temps get into the sixties on Friday, we will have bookoo loader work to do - clearing out around drain grates and such.

Been there, done that.

As for you Slim Jim....
    We DO have an ad out in the national trades looking for a Manager of Landscape Operations..... IF any of you are interested.... some plowing goes with the territory. Anybody wanna see what REAL snow is all about??

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

John A. - Welcome back

I know you have to plow to pay for the trip right? :)
    LOL

Tim - Send me you snowman with snowman you know what - SNOW!

Might plow Friday, alright now everybody PRAY!!!

14. John Allin

We plowed twice while I was gone, and salted every day, with a spattering of loader work off and on.

So... trip was paid for.