1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is up with Snowbear??

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by adirondackice, Mar 21, 2012.

1. adirondackice

adirondackice Junior Member

Hi, after alot of research, I went with the snowbear through lowes. A day or 2 after ordering, they called me to see what mount I needed, it was for a 2007 Dodge Ram. Well that mount is not available......so they said look on ebay.....and I did find them for $279.00. BUT, snowbear will not discount the price of the plow that is supposed to include the mount!! I offered them that I would take the plow light kit in exchange for the mount, and then buy my own mount....they said the light kit is no longer available and they could do no more, take it or leave it........

WTH????? is this company going out of business??

ANY suggestions on other companies that are similar in price, I cant afford a big name plow!

Thanks

the irony is that this model, Dodge Ram, is pictured on their website with the plow!!!!?????

2. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Snowbear is going out of business
    We at snowplowsonline.com have all mounts, parts plows and accessories and will have fr now on for in interrupted use of your Snowbear plow.
    Best deal is to tell Lowes about what Snowbear said and get a deal on a plow less the mount
    If that does not work we cam sell you a BB100 with mount delivered to you for 1699.00 no other costs
    Thanks

Snowplowsonline.com
    1-800-883-8915

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Whet? really? Is it true they are going out of business? Just the plow side or the trailers too? GRRRRRR

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

try looking into snow sport, then plow very carefully full size trucks and lightweight plows are not a good combo. Other choices that are cheaper then a full size unit are the Meyer Homeplow or the Frontier Homeowner plow but again they are easy to damage using commercially on a full size truck. This type of unit is really designed for homeowner use on small and mid size trucks and SUVs.

5. Snowbear-Man

Snowbear-Man Inactive

Hi

The Snowbear company is shut down for both plows and trailers however all parts new plows mounts controls everything is available at snowplowsonline.com
    Snowbear plows have been providing good service for snowremoval for over 20 years and the plows will continue on

6. acornish

acornish Senior Member

does not surprise me one bit, their customer service sucked anyway, Ive had a few of these plows - they work well but have some issues- and when u call to get replacement stuff or warantied items they give u the run around--- if u look in some of my previous posts ull see this

7. WinterIsHere

WinterIsHere Junior Member
    from Canada

8. adirondackice

adirondackice Junior Member

well I guess I will go a different route, to bad, snowbear looked like it would have done me well...I really dont want to buy from a company that is out of business, even though you can still get their products for now....