1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is up with accuweather?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by payton, Feb 19, 2008.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

this year they dont seem to be able to predict a storm to save there life.
    right now for indy there predicting 7+ inchs in the next 3 days.
    this will be the 3rd time since jan 1 2008 they have claimed 7"+ snow fall and so far they have not got one right? i mena i pay for there service so i must think there decent. and for the most part they normally are but as of late they havent been able to hit the head of a nail with a 10 lb sledge.

anyone else feel this way or is it just me?
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

theyve been absolutly disgraceful for NJ this year....:angry:
  3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

Hey Payton I usually just check NOAA. They seem to be about as accurate as anyone, LOL, and it is free. I just checked NOAA & they are calling for about an inch &half tonight in Indy and Greenfield so be careful tonight.
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah, that is all good Accu is saying 1-2 tonight and 3-6 thursday and another 1-3 thursday night! Plus the screwed up on in Dec bigtime too!

KINNCO Senior Member

intellicast + grocery chains = profit for someone
  6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

7. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

You actually pay them for it? Why would you do that? You can get free weather forecasts from a hundred different places.:confused:
  8. payton

payton Senior Member

i have it on my phone. as my normal job im away from the house/motel for extended periods of time.so its nice to be able to pop open my phone and say o its gonna rain later..
  9. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

snow in Indianapolis HaHaHa
    Man I sure hope so
  10. BREAULT69

BREAULT69 Member

They've been way off here. They were close a couple times in December but not since. NOAA has been pretty close most of the time.
  11. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

They suck, they are unbelievable. For crying out loud they contradict them selves in there own forecast :p:eek:
  12. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Same here in Canada. Accuweather should rename their company to Stupidweather.

They are like the worst.... never ever right. Wow...:eek:

13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

same here. i watch local news, check noaa. i look at accuweather too but dont put much into it.
    also weather underground. but noaa works.
  14. payton

payton Senior Member

the local weather guys are worse then accuweather here in indy. i swear one of them openly admited today he has no idea what were gonna be in for thrusday thru friday. something but he refused to say what he called it wintery mixed conditions. last time the local weather guys called for 9inchs we got 1.5 inchs of ice.. there all tools i tell ya