1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WHAT Is This???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Antlerart06, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Seen this on craigs list they are asking 2k
    I was thinking you got be kidding me

Post pics of some plow pics that are funny looking or should be scrap yard

2. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

That honestly looks like a somewhat homemade (sort of) plow, that might b used for large gravel areas maybe?? Its deff. not conventional use or anytthing ive ever seen b4 in my lifetime!?
  3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

That's not a plow. It's either a cow organizer from some farm someplace, or a way of collecting contestants for the "Biggest Loser" reality show.
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

My guess is they're using it as a cheapo gravel box. Seems like some heavy iron on the sides for just snow, plus you don't need casters for snow.
  5. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Oh no you didn't just say that. :laughing:
  6. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

The wheels look like they are from a bush hog or a bat wing style mower and maybe it was used for gravel lots / roads as Elite suggested.
  7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How about plows that should be used as boat anchors? Hundreds of those on this site....
  9. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

How about boat anchors being disguised and sold at a premium as snow plows? Doesn't even require CL - just a little marketing with some fancy color brochures.
  11. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did they list it as a snow pusher? There are farms in my area that use pushers to spread shavings evenly across the barn/arena floor which would explain the wheels.
  12. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Again, I say: Nonsense
  13. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Scrap steel is worth about $0.12/pound, so unless its 20,000 pounds (gotta be some room for profit...), its not worth $2000.
  14. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

It's obvious the seller is an amatuer. A professional craigslister would have slapped on a bucket of yellow paint, jazzed up the description with "just restored" and he would be asking $3500.
  15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Its posted as a pusher snow plow
  16. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

Y R U guyz makin fun of my snowplow shovel?