1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by duuane, May 25, 2010.

1. duuane

duuane Junior Member

I've acquired this unit recently and was wondering if anyone had an idea what it was.It's obviously a plow truck thats been modified.It's four wheel drive/four wheel steer.has a buda lo-525 engine and some kind of powershift trans.No front suspension,just a pivot, full air brakes and it looks like they started with an early 50's chevy cab.

any help would be great thanks.

Budda 020.jpg

Budda 023.jpg

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

sure looks like tow-mater... ask a little kid he will tell you all about it.. :laughing:

crazy lookin that is forsure.

3. duuane

duuane Junior Member

the front bumper is built out of 2 1/2" plate..
  4. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Sure is fugly
  5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Was it given to you? Or did you buy it? Cause if you bought it wouldn't you want to find out what it was before you gave someone money for it?
  6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

what you have there is a big p.o.s.. But seriously Idk what it is, but its pretty cool. Rough ride i bet. Does it run?
  7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Its obviously a creation of some one. And obviously supposed to be an extremely heavy duty tow truck hence the boom. other then that what you got there is just plain old cool. I would love to have something like that...
  8. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i'm willing to bet thats an off road truck some tow company had back in the day as my boss bought a 1945 chevy 1 1/2 ton 4x4 troop truck converted to wrecker (that we restored) by a towing company in michigan that recovered vehicles from the sand dunes up there