1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this worth?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by wkahler, Mar 23, 2008.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I am currently in negotiation with this seller and was wounder what this plow is honestly worth and how much a mount & control will cost for my truck? He is about 4 hrs from em and i was going to pick it up, but not sure what is a steal on it or a fair price to offer him. You guys know this stuff better then me so help me out. Says he bought it in 07' and it looks like it is in decent shape for the short age of it.
  2. truckermatt

truckermatt Junior Member

Well, according to the seller, the plow was used 3 times...... must have been 3- 12 days, because their is alot of rust and gouges/scratches on the blade... even the boss stick is wore off.

But aside from than, it is worth $2000. add the mount and wring for another $500, it will be a good plow.

go for it.
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what i was thinking. Between $1800- $2000. Mount is $500 plus the wiring thats a couple of hundred and the control. $150-$200. Good luck.
  4. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I wonder why he is not using the kick stand? and that blade has more than 3 uses on it, I have seen Boss blades that have been used all season and look as good if not better than this one, still looks like a good blade.

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

For some reason i was not sure of the condition either. It looked like it has been used quite a bite, but that is just me. I am waiting to hear back from him to see if he considered my offer!
  6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I would offer him $1800. Dont go any higher then $2000. You will have alittle bit more of an advantage because winter is over. The plow does look like it has seen a lot of snow. The actual condition of the steel looks great. Nothing a little paint cant fix. I just grinded down all the paint on my mount and the cutting edge, and the A frame. It looks like a brand new plow. And like every one said you still have to buy a mount. $300 used ( unless if you have a Ford it is a little hard to find a used mount for your truck, unless you buy it used through a dealer. Believe me i was in the same boat.) Or you will pay up wards of $500 for a new one. The control range from $150-$200+ for a handheld, on ebay. I dont know what the joy sticks run. The wiring maybe another $150-$300?? :confused: I dont know. If you get it for $1800 you made out very good. I just realized it is a 8 1/2" blade that is even better. Good luck
  7. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

I have a offer in and i am hoping he takes it with his truck being in Repo then it is a little easier to work with him, in need of money. How hard would this be to pick up and put on my trailer? Not sure how i can get it with out buying the mount first?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If you can get a skid steer or fork lift, or cherry picker you'll be better off. There not light by any means, I'd say maybe 750 pounds for that 8'6'' plow.
  9. droptine

droptine Member

Boss vee 4 sale in Indy

I have an 05 (I think) Boss 8'2 poly vee with smarthitch 2 and has the new style cutting edges on this last november. new edges have about seven hours use. mount is for an
    04 f250 with joystick and emergency kit from boss. will sell for $3000.00 for all of it. call me if interested at 317-903-7579.
  10. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

I picked mine up with a trailer before I had a mount on my chevy and it was easy. I brought some wood blocking, a floor jack, cable come - along and a 5' steel bar. lifted up one end of the plow, backed under it, and winched it on with the come along, persuading with the bar every once in a while. It took about ten minutes.
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

He may have purchased it in '07 like the ad specifies but the plow isn't any newer than an '03/early '04 model year. No diagonal bracing on the moldboard..still has the horizontal box bracing.

Still worth $1800-$2000 or so..
  12. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member