1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ScottyB., Nov 1, 2001.

1. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

Hi everyone,
    I am new here, but I like the info so far.
    I have a '86 F250, Reg cab, 351 and I want to put a plow on it for personal use, plus a couple neighbors. Can anyone point me to a used but nice plow or where to find one?
    I know of an '87 F250 just like mine with a 7'6" Western unimount, about 8-10 yrs old. I think its a pro-plow (heavier than standard). My question is how much is the plow worth? The truck is in tough shape so I would like to offer the guy some money to take the plow only. The unit was used by employees at a cabinet shop, so it's been well used, but seams reliable.

Thanks for your input.
    ScottyB.

PS. We had our first flurries about 2 wks ago.

2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I would try your local want ads or used car and truck mags . That plow could be worth about $1,200 but 86 and 87 frames on the trucks are different. wich would mean the mounting frame would be different. happy hunting.