1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this worth?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t-sig, Apr 5, 2011.

1. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

I am looking at a 1990 Chevy 3/4 ton cab and chassis. The truck is a regular cab, 4x4 with a 350 and an auto trans. No real rust, needs tires. It belonged to a vet and had a utility body on it, they took that off and put it on an extended cab truck. I am thinking about putting a plow on it and a flat bed. I am thinking a couple of grand wouldn't be a bad deal. I have a plow for it already. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Tony

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Miles? Options? Location? Any new repairs or parts? Info is the key here.

3. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

If there is no bed and by the info you gave. Probably $1500 maybe less.

4. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Mileage is around 80,000. Options, standard work truck options, being basically none. No recent repairs, or issues. It does need tires and maybe brakes. It is located in upstate NY, which is where I am.

5. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

With no bed, w/t options, almost a 100,000 miles, needing tires and more than likely brakes, I have to agree with streetscrapin on this one. I would approach carefully and inspect it very well. May be a really good truck, may be a money pit. Take it to a shop and have them run through it. If they wont let you do that, expect that there are other problems and offer accordingly. I would probably start at $1000 in my offer. If the truck is in really good shape, $1500 would probably be my top offer.