1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this wire for...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by puredreamz, Oct 30, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

its part of the 3 port isolation module, its a 3 pin connector one black and 2 reds. Black was a ground one of the reds goes to the battery and im left with this red wire with a mini spade connector crimped on the end of it

if the connector is upright right its black and red side by side and then the one wire i cant figure out is alone on the lower part of connector

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. JTPlowDog

JTPlowDog Junior Member
    from N/A

It sounds like this additional wire you have is supposed to be connected inside on the 4-plug connectors. Each of these 4-plug connectors should have 4 pins associated with it. Perhaps this wire was pulled from the connector.

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

dont think so theres 3 wires on both ends and the connector is not a 4 pin, its a 3 pin. Looks something like this:

_ _

_

* kIND OF ghetto but u get the idea, but regardless didnt answer my question what is it used for ? 12v switched for plow lights

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

maybe better pic of the connector ?

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

i think this is what it is not the 4 pin on the top its the 3 pin male/ female thats plugged in the center.
    [​IMG]

pics just for sample

6. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

ok whoever said it was a 4 pin is right, but on the male side it has 4 wires, and on the female side it has 3 the 4th pin is plugged with a green plug (maybe no use for it?)

But anyway i looked closely on the wires to see if i can figure out where it goes:
    looking at the back of the female connector:

pin 1 says 12V
    pin 2 was a black wire assume its a ground
    pin 3 says ACC-CC
    pin 4 says S W V DC

can anyone help me please, here are some more pics:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]