1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this truck worth.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProEnterprises, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

I am looking at a dealer Ford f450 dump truck, 2003, 68,000 miles, 7.3 PSD, 4x4, 9' fisher mm1 plow, xlt, loaded, all options, diamond plated sides, tailgate, the works.

Excellent condition, rides like a top, etc.

Dealer is asking 22,990 to start. What is a fair deal on this truck?
    Please help!

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a used truck from a dealership.

They were asking 24k for an 04 250 psd. I got it for 15,500, and 16433 out the door...it came with a pretty much brand new hiniker plow.

they said since it;s the end of the year, there just taking loses on all the unsold used stuff and writing it all off...

Since it has low miles...I think it's a pretty good price as is...but with how things are right now with the economy I would offer 17k and I bet they will sell it to you.

3. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

I'd go 17-20 depending on the condition.

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

id say right around 20
    i paid a bit more my 05 350 lariat diesel in august but with the economy the way it is now 19-20 and they should go for it

5. MileHigh

start @ 17 and then go up if there not budging...Im positive they will budge.

There already taking a 10-14k loss on all the 08's 09's there trying to sell, they just want those damn things off there lot.

6. ProEnterprises

from CT

Yeah, I am still feeling out the waters here. It is a solid truck, it is just alot of $$

I know that these dealerships are choking right now, and I would be willing to bet they would budge.

My dad just got a Subaru last week from the same dealership listed for 13k at 9,500. All things considered, they may go lower on thie f450.

7. MileHigh

you know they will....and if they don't, go down the street, they have one as well..lol

8. ProEnterprises

from CT

Yeah. What I am thinking in my head is to start at 17,000 and being flexible up to 18,500. What do you think of that?

9. MileHigh

sounds like a mighty good plan...

Also act like your not that interested in the truck, like there really is something down the street as well. It'll serve you well.

Keep us posted, and if you get it, I want pics.

Good luck on getting that mean as hell truck.

10. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

I have that same truck with a 10' Boss and a five yard salt spreader. We paid 65,000 just for the dumptruck with deisal motor new. I would imagine with all those options and somewhat low miles you are looking at 22,000-25,000.
    BTW I will be selling mine if you are interested. I have to see how much I owe on it. It has really low miles.

11. ProEnterprises

from CT

Why are you selling it? Problems with it?

12. dhadaway632

dhadaway632 Member

We don't use it very much. It sets for a month at a time during the spring summer and fall because we don't do much landscaping anymore. I kept it through the winter for plowing, but would be able to survive without it. My payment is $650 month and that seems like a lot for something that you hardly use!