1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GetterDone Lawn, Nov 29, 2007.

1. GetterDone Lawn

GetterDone Lawn Junior Member

I have an old farmer that said he would sell his plow truck to me. It's an 84' F250 4x4 Diesel with a western plow. 200k milkes.

I offered him $1,500 and he said ok.. I pick it up on Saturday. Just wondering what you guys think this is worth because I think I got quite a steal.
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

would need to see pics, miles are fine for the engine, but not for the rest of a ford new tranny,front end,is it a rust bucket but if it gets you one year than its worth it good luck
  3. GetterDone Lawn

GetterDone Lawn Junior Member

last year it had a rebuilt tranny put in.. bed is rusted; i will post pics in a few days
  4. BigTruckNuts

BigTruckNuts Junior Member

I think you got a good deal
  5. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

In my opinion around $1000 for a running 4wd truck is lowest anyone should or would sell it for... Plus yours came with a plow... and its a diesel... I would say its a good buy, you might have to spend some cash on stupid things but drive it till it dies... Think of it this way, my tv cost $1600 and I cannot hop in it and drive to the store... I have a remote control truck that has about $1200 invested (I know stupid hobby) and that cant make me money so that is my rationale when I purchase thiings...
  6. wishingtoplow

wishingtoplow Member
    from Pa

Take the bed off and build a decent looking flatbed.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

You could probably take the plow off and with a can of paint or 2 sell that alone for $800 to a Grand $.