1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this suppose to do???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by long0, Feb 18, 2003.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I was driving thru town today and saw this plow. I had to stop and take a pic. I looked all over it, and saw no type of markings explaining who makes it. Who in their right mind would buy anything that small, and mount it on a truck?? :confused:

tiny plow1.jpg

2. long0

long0 Senior Member

A little closer

tiny plow2.jpg

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It looks like a snowway, since its clear lexan, I've never seen a snow way in person, i wouldnt think they were that short tho, wow, seems like a toy compared to my 27" moldboard!

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

looks like a snoway. they put em on little trucks that cant handle a lot of weight. fisher makes one like this as well in their light duty plow class.

5. GMCplow

GMCplow Junior Member

6. long0

long0 Senior Member

I thought the moldboard was extremely short also. Standing next to it, it does not even come up to your knee. Looks like it would be very inefficient with that short of a moldboard.

7. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Member

That's the guy that I pay to follow my and clean up my trailoff. :D If it didn't have power angle, I'd think it was a little tractor plow.

8. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Is that truck REALLY big??????????

9. fordman

fordman Senior Member

That's a Snoway. It's looks like one of the smallest plows they make. I think the blade height is only 18 inches.

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Probably a SnoWay. Fisher came out with the Homesteader that looks a lot like that design, too.

11. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

If the chain is adjusted properly, looks like it will serve as a fine bug deflector.

:D

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Not even a good bug deflector. There is no chain.

13. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Looks like a little home owners special.

Rick

14. TMC

TMC Junior Member
    from CT

Take your pick:

1) Somebody forgot to check what plows were available for the truck before they bought it. Found out the only plow for the truck was an ST series Snoway.

2) Got a GREAT deal on eBay.

15. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Andy

Is there really that little snow there... I am assuming that is carbondale/glenwood?

I have only seen one other sno-way in Colorado. The town of Avon uses a Ford Ranger for sidewalks.

Howard

16. TMC

TMC Junior Member
    from CT

What is really surprising is that he paid the extra $300+ for lights. I doubt the blade could be lifted high enough to block the regular lights!

17. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Ok everyone stop making fun of this guy.

He is a friend of mine and I let him use the plow off my daughters tricycle.

She needs it to be clear to see where she is pushing the snow. She is only 2 1/2 so she has lots to learn. Plus its a short plow because she can't see over the higher ones.

hahaha ;)

18. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I saw one of them on a wrangler today . It must be real fun opening 4ft windrows with a 18'' mold board . I was having trouble with my 29''.

19. MotoMan

MotoMan Junior Member
    from OH

It just so happens that I talked to Snoway today about putting a plow on my Toyota Tundra!

This is my first post…I have been lurking around here for a couple of years. Once or twice a year I get this bug up my A$$ and think I want to add plowing into my portfolio. I currently own and operate a motocross track. I also have a window cleaning company that I put on the back burner for a few years so I could get the motocross track going. So I about the only thing I have to do when it snows is to go skiing. But since skiing doesn’t pay the bills, I figured plowing would fit right in with what I do.

The problem I have is that I drive Toyota Tundra and it’s not easy to get a plow for it. I am very happy with it and I don’t really need/want a bigger truck. If I do plow, I will only do residential accounts with cement drives that are within a five-mile radius of my house so I feel that I should be fine with the Tundra as long as I am careful.

So here is the deal on that little plow.

It is most likely a ST90 (the 18”er) because that is the only plow Snoway recommends for the Tundra. Its 7-1/2 feet or 90 inches wide. (They make an 80-inch model but the Tundra is too wide for it.) Because they now offer down pressure on the plow, (they didn’t offer down pressure on the 18” model in the past,) and its moldboard is more curved than many larger blades, they feel that this plow will do a good job in up to 6” of snow. The guy I talked to said that once you get over 6 inches, you might start to have problems with snow coming over the blade.

That’s what I was told, but if I buy, I am going to get a MT90, which is 24 inches tall. It has the curved moldboard, the down pressure, an optional wireless remote (about $100,) blaa, blaa, blaa. The 18-incher is about 120-160 pounds lighter, but I am concerned with its durability, stacking ability, and overall performance in deeper snow…time is money right? I feel that if I am careful, my truck will survive and I would rather have the bigger plow in case I change my mind and get a bigger tuck down the road.

BTW, I have plowed with Snoways before. My friend has a plow company and he has 3 straight blades and one V-plow all from Snoway. A couple of his straight blades have to be pushing 10 years old and he hasn’t had any problems other than with the down pressure system. Apparently, something happens to them when you don’t maintain them…he told me that when he changes the fluid and maintains the electrical connections before the off-season, they work perfect. Even with his lack of maintenance, the down pressure system works fine half of the time anyway. Ha,ha.

Also, he mostly does parking lots and even with the extra speed and hidden obstacles, he hasn’t had anything break. I say that because I remember reading on here, that Snoway had some problems with their welds. He hasn’t had any problems.

Sorry so long for the first one…I will try to keep the word count down in the future.
    :)

20. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

Here is a fisher homesteader that I had installed on my wifes explorer.

plow 156.jpg