1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this harness??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Nov 1, 2012.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I found this harness tangled in with the harness for my spreader I just bought. Can anyone tell me what this is? Looks like maybe a plow trucks side harness

2. P&M Landscaping

3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

That looks like a truck side harness for the motor and the solenoid but im no expert on western plows (more meyers) but i would imagine their the same setup wise. with a power supply to the motor with conncetions straight from the battery. just my 2cents

4. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

yup, and the pictail would connect to the solenoid i believe?

5. P&M Landscaping

Any idea what it is worth?

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

7. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

I would imagine atleast $100-200 but again im no western expert

8. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sorry guys but that cable does NOT go to the relay (some call it the solenoid but that terminology is incorrect) This cable is for a late model plow with multiplex communication. It connects directly to the battery positive and negative. The little black plug is wherer the control cable (from the cab joystick) plugs in to pass on the control messages to the plow decoder. This is #63411 and I expect it would be about $50 to $100. It is used on MVP+, Wide-outs and all the new multiplex straight blades. It is not for your sander.

9. P&M Landscaping

I threw it up in the For Sale section!

10. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

Best thing to do.