1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is this deicer/truck craft spreader worth

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by alwayz-plowin, Sep 1, 2010.

1. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

Ok so my buddy is planning on upgrading his equipment so he wants to sell his truck craft under tailgate spreader that he bought a few yrs ago......
    How much is it worth??
    what could he sell it for
    i got a couple pics but they really suck
    he said he will try to dig it out of the shop and snap a few pics. soon. Before winter lol
    He used is a couple times last year also

NO RUST at all looks almost new!
    He has the huge control box and the spreader it runs on HYDRO's i believe...
    Connects 3 hoses (red, blue green i think)
    also all the wiring would stay with the truck i imagine. but the control box disconnects easily.

IMG_2923 deicer.jpg

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Well first truckcraft doesn't make anything hydro. Second they are stainless and aluminum, so there is nothing to rust. Third most of the controllers sucked, now from what I am told they have the bugs worked out now, but who knows. New cost is about $4500 give or take a few hundred, so figure half of that.
  3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

3k would be a fair price
  4. alwayz-plowin

alwayz-plowin Senior Member

Yea it was about 5000 new.....
    But i was thinking about my other spreader that is hydo.
    This is all electric!

Thats what i think! so im going to sell it for that!
    So if anyone wants it PM me!
  5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Hey just talked to him (alwayz- plowin) Today and i guess his computer crashed something and doesnt have the time to sell it. So Im selling this spreader for him..
    Still For sale guys i saw it on the truck this past winter! He used it to salt for me! Works great! I always had him spread treated for me and man did it fly! I installed him a new spinner motor this year too!