1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the Right Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sharpcutlc, Oct 11, 2007.

1. sharpcutlc

sharpcutlc Junior Member

I just got a 2008 f-250 v-10 and was wondering what plow i should put on it. i will be doing some smaller lots and driveways. was looking at a 7.5. what names should i consider. i was thinking westen or boss....
  2. NE.MCH

NE.MCH Junior Member
    from Ma.

I would go with an 8' for sure......your truck can handle it. I have never used a western...so I have no opinion.....I have used a Boss and thought it was a good plow set up.
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I would go with a 8 footer. That truck will handle anything from a 7' 6" to a Wideout ( 10' )
    If i had a truck like that, i would get a V. Who knows you might do bigger commercial. The V works great. I see a guy that does drives on my block and he has a V. He back drags it out and then piles it in the Scoop position. Ohh ya by the way go with Western. Good luck

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Some good reasons...

To consider a Snoway...I have an F250 and liked the fact that the Snoway has the DOWN PRESSURE for back dragging those driveways...also they have a lighter weight for less WEAR AND TEAR on those "fragile":rolleyes: f250 ball joints and front ends...no chain slap or bounce...and wireless controller to boot! The moldboard can be easily exchanged for stainless or poly as well a steel one...very versatile!
    I went with a 29 model which is good for anything you can throw at it, commercial included.
    Seemed to me to be the best of all worlds in a plow for my purposes, which are about the same as yours...driveways and light commercial accounts. I have no connection to Snoways except that I thought they were a great product and I hear nothing bad about them.