1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is the going rate per hour these days

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Dec 1, 2011.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I am a owner operator of a 92 chev and a 7.5 western with wings. My truck is allways kept up and so is my plow. I seen some hacks in my day and my truck is not one of them. I was just wondering what the going rate is in the MN, region for subs? A friend of mine whats help doing some of his town homes and what not. I was thinkn around 55per hour. does this sound fair? Thanks for all the help through out the years!! I just found today my cancer is shrinking YEEHAAA for those you of following my status!!

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Were in KC not MN so could be different due to more call outs. But seems about $20 an hour to low, unless he provides gas and insurance. With our drivers we pay $40/hr to drive our trucks.

3. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

in my area that truck would get around 70/hr give or take a few dollars

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I pay 65 per hour for my subs. Guys that drive my trucks get paid 25-30 per hour.

5. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

do you guys 1099 your subs at the end of the year? or just pull tax out per check?

6. second income

second income Member

Jersey shore area, subs with no insurance $70-$85 an hour. 10-99 at the end of the year. But who cares about that. Your getting better thats what is important!

7. '01_1500

'01_1500 Member

From what I see a lot of the bigger outfits in the Twin Cities probably wouldn't take anyone with a 7.5" even with wings. If they did I would guess you would be looking around $60 on the really high side of things. That is of course depending on who you sub for. I haven't looked into it very much but it seems that the going rate for subs, especially lately, is pretty low. Some are as low as $45 to $50 an hour with your fuel and insurance.

8. monson770

monson770 Senior Member

good to hear you're doing better, my dad's mom recently put her cancer into remision, so i understand the battle. i got some bids on our office buildings stating what they're charging.. i can't rmemeber exactly, because i do our plowing, but i think they charged around 80-90 for a 8ft srait blade, and up to around 120-130 for heavier equiptment.. if i were looking for sub work, i wouldn't like getting much less than 50 or 60 per hr.. i do, like you, own my own turck and carry insurance.. so i know i can make more than that on my own.. this was in the last year or two.. good luck!!

9. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Glad to hear the cancer is in remission! I pay drivers 20.00 an hour in my truck, and I pick up the taxes. Subs with their truck and ins. is 60.00...The way this winter is going though, you may want seasonals. I have yet to drop a blade:help:

10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

In my area For a 7.6 might get 30 I pay more if the sub has big blade But 7.6 isnt worth much