1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the fuel Mileage on 6.0

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by XDodgeman, Apr 2, 2004.

1. XDodgeman

XDodgeman Junior Member

Since the price of fuel is going out of sight!
    I'm thinking about a 04' Ford, 350, SRW, Reg., 6.0, auto, 4x4, A.c and CC..
    The dealer will not tell the mileage- Highway and city, Load/unloaded. What are the owners getting in the "real world." What options do you have and like.
    -I don't want info. from the Ford Book or web!
    I will be using the truck for a daily driver, hauling a 7400 pound trailer, plow with a Fisher v-plow and maybe put a low-boy dump under the 8' pickup bed...
    The 01' 1500 Dodge can't move the 7400 Ibs. trailer Empty or even climb a hill with a 2900 Ibs Utility trailer.

2. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

my new truck

Well I just got my on the 31st, my birthday none the less. But haven't run through a tank of fuel yet, have over a hundred miles on it so far and it hasn't gone under the 3/4 mark yet. But i will let you know when it gets to empty. And I got the regular cab 4x4 3.73 limited slip rear end, rear slider, 6.0 diesel, 5 speed auto, trailer tow mirror with heat and the lights on them the xlt pkg. Gonna love these mirrors in the winter thats for sure, and the engine is fast and powerful. Did a nice break stand today and blew away my brothers dodge from light to light. And the best thing is its still stock.

3. XDodgeman

XDodgeman Junior Member

Shannons,
    Sounds REAL nice! The heated mirrors are good. I have them on the Dodge. I did hear that over time...the glass will yellows... I only use them if the truck is covered in ice. Did you order or lot pick? Good deal? Congrad. on the cool Birthday present.

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Go over to www.dieselstop.com. You'll get so much feedback you won't know what to do with it. Also, do a search in the archives. Lots of info. Nick. I would wager that you'd get about 18 tops empty and 11-14 towing your trailer. Plowing you might get 14-15. And, I think these numbers are a tad on the glass is half full end of things.

5. gstamm

gstamm Junior Member

I just picked up my 04 cc with the 6.0 4 weeks ago, im getting 15.6 after 2,000 miles. my buddy bought his in september of 03. he is getting 19 after 11,000 miles. i am hearing 18-22 after break in. keeping my fingers crossed for that.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Way better then the 10-->13 my brother in law gets with his V10
    ( Crew-cab, long bed, F-350 4X4). Higher cost fuel with the diesel but way better MPG and range.

7. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

6.0 psd gas mi

I get about 18.5 on I-75 with a contractor cap about 9.5 ave plowing and 11 ave driving.

8. computerguy

computerguy Member

Wow! Dieself fo that much better than gas?

Humph! Diesels do that much better than gassers? I just picked up my '04 F250 5.4 gas Supercab 4X4 3.73 posi rear 4 speed trany. Looks like I am getting 11 :realmad: on the highway. Only have like 300 miles on it so maybe JUST MAYBE it will get better after some break in.

9. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

I could push my 95 f250 off a cliff and still get 9 mpg with the 5.8

10. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I have an 04 gasser the V8 f350 and a 04 diesel F350 with the 6.0 PSD. Average mileage for both is closer than i thought. The best ive gotten with diesel was 15 and most was highway driving. The gasser gets a solid 10.