1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is the difference

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by railreferman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. railreferman

railreferman Junior Member

asked for a price quote for a hiniker plow today and they told me that they do not have mounts for a 96 bronco now I know that anything can be made but what I would like to know is what is the difference between a bronco and a 96 f-150 in the front end.
  2. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I'm curious to hear. I thought, or assumed, they were the same.
  3. railreferman

railreferman Junior Member

yea me to to late tonight but tomorrow i am gonna call and price one for 96 f-150 just thought some else would know before tomorrow and will let you know.
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The 96 f-150 's might have torsion bars instead of the coil springs the Bronco has. That would make the mount different. I don't know when they changed to torsion bars. My 99 f-250 has them.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

dude...dealers are full of it..

I bet my arse that the f150 mount will bolt right on that sucker with little or no mods at all.

Good luck...great plows.
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah my installer tells me I HAVE TO use night saber lights for my 99 F-250. Humm $260 vers $100 for regular trucklite headlights. A E-60 pump! Vers the E-46 I have. You have to have a Meyer MD II mount to have a Meyer plow on your truck! Humm more profit to install this plow setup? And I have to buy a NEW truck side mount for it ! Another $600 for it! What a racket. The Big Red Drain looks better and better to run.
  7. raylesk

raylesk Junior Member

The difference is the front frame horns. 92 and later broncos have a crumple zone on the frame horns right behind the bumpers to meet some some fed regulation because it is an suv--the pickups do not have this. You need to modify the mount to make it fit but it is possible I did my hiniker mount a few years ago when I upgraded to a 94 bronco from an 89 by cutting and welding a little on the bumper mounts.