1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the difference between these two V plow Fishstiks?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jan 27, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Is one is for new multiplex system to run XLS & Extreme V, and the other is for EZ-V?

I don't have the pics posted, but both have the circle plug:
    1) looks like the "normal" straight blade one with big buttons for up/down/left/right and then two buttons at the top.
    2) has four smaller buttons for up/down/left/right, one button at top right, and then four buttons making a square around the up/down/left/right buttons.

If my guess above is right, which one is for which? I'm tracking a deal on a used EZ-V and need to see how much I can get the wiring I'll need for.

Thanks!

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

1 is a straight blade one, 2 is a Vee control

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Oh, thanks. I thought all straight blades had the 6 pin rectangle connector and all V blades had the black circle connector.

4. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

not true the first he described is the older style and the button in the upper left hand corner is a mode button it toggles between straight blade mode, v/scoop mode and wing mode

the second controller has all 8 buttons in one and is more straight forward but more buttons to think about with out looking

I have both and only got to use the plow for one storm so far I haven't picked a favorite yet but I'm leaning toward the newer one, both will work. I think the newer one cost more money but their is a lot of them on e bay so you should be able to get one cheaper then fisher's list price

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

The first is for the Ez-V. The second sounds like it is for the Extreme V. I believe the newer control can run the old plow but I don't think it will work the other way but I'm not 100% on that.

6. The Controllers you are describing are both EZV controllers. The old style has a "mode" button in the upper left and new style does not. It has the 4 additional buttons you described.

7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

2 sounds like it could be used for an ExV

8. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Nothing like guys giving opinions on things when they don't know what they're talking about. The one with the mode button is a PITA, and on the newer style, I've never ever used the bottom two wing buttons while plowing.

#2 will NOT control an xv, motorman is right they are both for ezV

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  9. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Thank you (for the correct info)! :salute:

10. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

You are right both are ez-v, the x-v controllers are square plugs I would no as I have had both plows, guys unless you know for sure don't guess you may end up putting someone in a bad situation off your guess work