1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is the difference between a 2 plug & 3 plug system?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by francurran2003, Nov 1, 2008.

1. francurran2003

francurran2003 Junior Member

What is the difference between a 2 plug & 3 plug system?

I am switching fisher minute mount from a 1990 gmc 1500 to a 2001 f350 crew cab super duty.

I am confused as hell as to which system my plow needs / has?

Any advice?

thanks

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

About 1 plug:D

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Virtually everything on the truck side pertaining to the wiring/lighting/control functions.

Which headlight style is the plow equipped with...E-force or Intensifiers? How many plugs are on the plow...two or three?

4. francurran2003

francurran2003 Junior Member

not sure of the type of headlights on it-- will have to look at it when I can (its stored in a friends garage right now)

the truck it was on is my 1990 GMC sierra 1500

There are 2 plugs coming off the front of the truck & connecting to the plow

One is a two prong & the other is like a honeycomb with lots of teeth

I am going to a 2001 Ford F350--

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since it was on a '90 model year truck and a two plug setup it's probably safe to assume it's an older plow and will have the old style lights. Have to see how many pins are in the multi pin connector on the plow (or truck) as well...

Also assuming this is a straight blade?

6. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Relays vs Iso Module