1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the date you remove your sanders?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maleko, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Ive always taken it out the first day of April.

What is your set day?

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Somewhere between 4/1-4/15 using weather forecasts.

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Usually clean it, lube it, and store it for the off season the day before the last storm of year. :eek:

4. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Seems to be the way it goes!

5. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

We take them out after the last event... But then there is always that last ice storm.
    They are put up on pallet racking and if needed can easily be put back on a truck. Trucks are wired and always ready; main issue is the rear tail gate removal needed for v-box spreaders.

6. FourDiamond

FourDiamond Senior Member

Anywhere from April 20th to April 30th depending on workload.

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

March 15th. It sucked because we had to put them right back on since there is snow in the forecast.

8. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

remove spreaders

yes the same goes for me also

9. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I take out 3 mid march and leave the other 3 till April 15 when my contracts are over

10. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

we got 3 inches of snow April 23 last year....we had been landscaping since first week of march.

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

If it were to ice/snow on April 17, on a 24 hour property, would you still be called? Or is a contract being over, just mean its over? Just curious if you've ran into this. I ran into it on seasonals that started Nov 1, and it was snowing well before then.

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I remove mine after every storm to clean it
    Mine hangs on the hoist till I'm ready to salt

13. jdo150

jdo150 Member

I'll take the one in my pickup on and off all winter because it is easy and I need my truck bed. The one in my mason dump will most likely be taken off this up coming week.

14. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I just moved my tailgate salter to storage shop yesterday....& Murphy & his law made the forcast change, I might get a few cm tonight or in morn.

15. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I empty and unload sandboxes, shovels and other ballast around May 1st. Don't have a spreader, so I can't go for that.

16. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

Never. Dedicated salt trucks or trucks with 4-season boxes.

17. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

Typically remove ours the last week of march to free up the dump beds but this winter has been unpredictable so we still have them on just in case, however the weather here in and around the GTA is looking fairly consistent and in the positive range. Any day now I'd imagine.

18. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

We normally take one off around the 1st of April, one around the 15th, and one at the end of the month.

19. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Well, since I'm lazy and don't take my plows off betwixt every storm, after the last snowfall.

Wait, I don't have any sanders. That isn't right either, I do have an orbital sander come to think of it.

As far as spreaders go, there is no set date, because I don't control the weather. Besides, I have 2 that are 4 season trucks like Landcare, so I can put the spinners back on and away I go. Another is an UTG that allows me to use the truck as normal except pulling a trailer.

The others.......when the snow is done.

20. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Gonna come off any day now....