1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best tailgate spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by berwicke, Sep 15, 2015.

1. berwicke

berwicke Junior Member
    from 02771

I'm looking for a tailgate spreader, preferably one with a capacity of over 500lbs of salt, and one that could spread a salt sand mix would be excellent. it can't be one that hangs over the tailgate but one that goes in the receiver hitch, this would be going on my Explorer. Thanks All, new here.
  2. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

You probably don't want to put 500lb on the tongue of an explorer. I would stick to the 575 type, lots of copy cats out there and they are all the same just different name. Don't need a controller and add a vibrator and you will be able to go all night!
  3. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

I have a western 1000 and a boss ???? )some number) I run them for small lots. I prefer the boss but the western has never let me down expect for the bottom barring needs to be replaced every season due to rust. The boss is an enclosed unit, which is why I like it. I have boss vboxs as well. they make a good product.