1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the best supplier of treated salt.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by cutshortlandscaping, Aug 15, 2016.

1. cutshortlandscaping

cutshortlandscaping Senior Member

Hey guys for the last few years I have been getting salt delivered from multiple suppliers and I always pay way too much for the product and shipping. I believe this is because I am constantly dealing with the "middle man". I am currently looking for a supplier who can just deliver the amount of salt I need and not charge a arm and a leg for the product plus delivery. If this means we have to become a dealer for the salt that is fine as well. any one have any info on this topic it is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Matt

PS I buy all my salt around this time (August) and I buy enough to have all my lots salted for the season plus some I have never run out. So The over priced salt is due to my area not a shortage.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You might get more answers if you post your location in the title of your thread.

3. cutshortlandscaping

My location is Northern Westchester County, New York.

4. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Whats some of the bigger city's in your area. I'm in NY but have no idea where your at. I'm near Rochester, American RS has distributors all over NY.

5. cutshortlandscaping

We are 1 hour north of NYC and 40 mins north of The City of White Plains

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I love a thread question in a form of a Jeopardy answer.

Alex, I'll take snow & ice for a thousand, please!

7. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Could you go to one of the Docks with one of your dump trucks. I know guys around Baltimore that get it at the docks. As far is storage maybe you can leave on site somewhere. Your not that far from the coast.

8. cutshortlandscaping

That's not out of the question

9. cutshortlandscaping

Okay this salt supplier has the best treated salt and is reasonably price compared to the other salt suppliers

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

buy at the best price fob...contract to pick it up and and treat it at your storage place....

11. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

Are you using American rock salt?

12. cutshortlandscaping

no how good are they?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  13. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I guess there OK, Hard to say when it's your only option, If you can buy a flow boy load or two or semi trailer load they are better.