1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the best snowblower for around $900?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Peapod1125, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Peapod1125

Peapod1125 Junior Member

I am in the market for a new snow blower. I want something that is going to be tuff and durable. 2 stage for sure. I was looking at the Ariens, Cub Cadet, or John Deere. I would like to spend around $800, but would go to $1k if I had to. Any help would be great. This would be used for commercial walkways and some residential driveways. Thanks.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have an Ariens i think there top quality

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

x2 on the Ariens.

4. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

I run an ariens 2 stage myself, excellent well built machine, just keep up on the maint. Toro makes a good 2 stage as well. Stay away from the new cub cadets.

5. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

I like ariens

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a smaller 22" (I think) 2 stage Toro thats we bought in 05 from a guy who bought it and never used it, he moved to Florida. Any ways we used it 2 times and never used it since. It needs an adjustment for the forward but thats it, it still looks like it's new except the muffler has some surface rust like they all get. I wanted to get 500 bucks for it.