1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Is The Best Snow Thrower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ferdinand711, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

I am thinking of buying two snow throwers with 9-11 HP but needs some opinion on what is the best commercial/proffesional snow thrower out there. any insights would be much appreciated.
  2. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

I really like my Honda's they go through anything and throw the snow out of site. I had a 1132 with the tracks before the 926 and I enjoy the tracks on paved driveways and sidewalks but was a pain to maneuver around.
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  3. bill8379

bill8379 Junior Member
    from central

This year, had to buy a new one, I bought a Toro. I actually love the features that help you turn around with ease. I mean EASE. Also the snow turning thing is the best I've ever used.
    Can't talk about longevity yet ofcourse.

I bought a new 11.5 HP Ariens from Home Depot last year and I simply can't use it. Unbelievable amount of problems and I ended up having to limp through the season with an old Noma blower.

On the toro, they do not have a distinction between homeowner and commercial. I guess I bought the home owner version of the Ariens but from what I've heard, most of it is the same anyways. I can't remember a single thing that related to the problems I had. The gear shifter pops off so many times that I have to leave the bottom plate off to have access to it. The chute mover broke. The pull crank doesn't rewind most times so I have to leave it running. The belts burned off, never had that happen with even my 8 yo snow blower but the ariens burned the belt on DAY 1.

So far with my toro, I have gone through some deep drifts with no smell of burning rubber, but just in case I paid $160 extra for the extended warranty lol.

Someone told me they were a Simplicity dealer. I've never really heard to much of that blower but he said they will never let you down.
  4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

sounds like u got a lemon, whats did HD say or what did Ariens say, that blower would be under warranty
  5. Winterized

Winterized Senior Member

Best I think.... John Deere 1032D !! Balance.. power... tough... easy to work on... no faults I have found. Having said that... they most likely have taken it out of production. If so find a good used one.
  6. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I have a Toro CCR Powerlite 3 hp lite as can be and nothing can stop it - like the energizer bunny............well, except when it runs out of gas.
  7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

My 36 Mexicans are the best snow throwers!
  8. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 Senior Member

anybody has a craftsman 9 HP? how is it?
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Not as good as my 36 Mexicans! :drinkup: