1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the best plow for the 1500 Avalanche???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jab862, Dec 22, 2003.

1. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

I know the 1500 avalanche isn't setup for plowing but neither is my 1500 extended cab and a Myers works fine on it. I am looking into a Avalanche 1500 and was wondering if anyone has put a plow on it without modifying the front trim and stuff. I already posted this once and was hoping that since the snow season started I wouod get more input. Any ideas??
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

JAB......There is a guy in my neck of the woods that has a
    Western 7.6 Ultra on his 1/2 ton AV. He also has no
    factory plow prep either. But he does have the factory
    tow pkg. on it so he has the HD susp., trans cooler, etc.

He had to notch the lower air dam for the plow mount.
    On my truck I just took mine off..............

He sez hes not worried about warranty service issues
    because he has over 40k miles on it and its outta warranty.

He uses it to plow his houses and a few driveways and such
    because we live out in lake effect snow land !........geo
  3. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

I plan on ordering the tow package to pull my boat and utility trailer. THanks for the info.
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I have a Sno-Way plow on my 1500 Avalanche Z71. It has the 7.5' MT90. I will try to get some pics up. I was a fisher guy but the sno-way is really proving itself. Plus the best is it was made for it. Sno-Way is a light plow so its not to bad on your suspension. I put Timbrens in so it only goes down about .25"-.75" when the blade gets lifted.
  5. jab862

jab862 Junior Member

Did timbrens change ride?

When you installed the timbrens on your Avalanche did it change the ride at all?
  6. avalancheplow

It made it a little stiffer. But the ride quality is not gone. One more thing that might have made it stiffer is we also turned up the torsion bars to level it out with the back. Go with the timbrens if you put a plow on. Its worth it!! :drinkup:
  7. avalancheplow

I finally got pics up. Go to the picture forum. Subject is avalanche 1500:D