1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what is the best fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by familylawn, Dec 15, 2004.

1. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

I have a Meyers e60 and also just purchased a western. Any recommendations on the best fluid to use with these pumps. Fairly new at the owning the truck deal. Did it for year for some one so they did all the maintenance. Just looking for idea on what fluid works best. Thanks Jon

2. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

We have multiple plows and we run ATF plus 3 the mopar stuff.. its a lil expensive but we have never had any frozen plows or anything and we have the record for the coldest weather

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

atf in the western and meyers in the e60 pump

4. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

Any specific aft or just any off the self
    I did use Meyers in it

5. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

i have the E-60 and changed to atf as soon as i got it home from the dealer.
    and we also have the 8-10 from blizzard and the rams in the wings frozen with in a month and since changing to ATF it has yet to do it

6. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

can I mix AFT and Meyers if it get low or should i drain it completely
    what type of AFT is best

7. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

go to the local parts store and ask for ATF for a mopar. its fully synthetic. i dont know if i would mix the 2 together.. I drained mine completely

8. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

thanks for all the help will do that tomorrow. Got pick up a few connections form the dealer also. That is what happens when u buy used stuff some times

9. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

amsoil atf here, never had a problem, its like $6.00 a quart, but its peice of mind at 230 am. you know. :cool:

10. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

i will pay top dollar to keep my rig running all hours of the night..

Another thing on the Meyers KEEP checking on your swivel fittings....
    any other questions just ask :drinkup:

11. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

do the western coupling usually go bad or just once in a while
    also how or what level do you fill the western to i know the Meyers i 1/2 in under cap

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  12. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

We have one Pro plow 8ft and the only work i have done to it is change fluid and cutting edge and its 4yrs old and they seem to be fine to me

what plow do you have?

13. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

realy do not know just got it i think it is an 8' with electric controls. Where can i find the info on the pump

14. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

Do some searchin on this site and if you can tfind what your looking for then ask in the forums.. I dont do to much with western. i like my meyers but i might be goin to boss next yr