1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the Avg # of Events in a winter?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PGHplowguy, Aug 9, 2012.

1. PGHplowguy

PGHplowguy Senior Member

Hello,

What is the average number of plow and salt events in a winter in Western PA? I believe it is 20 plows/salts and 23 only salts (43 total). Though I may be off. Please reply if you are in a different area and know your #. This is to bid on a contract at a flat rate for the winter. Thank you.

2. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Well i'm in eastern pa and even last season i had 20 events, a season like 2009-10 we had over 40 events, and 2010-11 had about 30

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

I'm in Johnstown, PA and we use 21 plowable events per year. We have a lot more lake effect than PGH does though. Never tracked salt only events.

4. nnusskern

nnusskern Member

I think you may be a little high on the plowable events but that depends on your trigger.

5. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

What part of western PA? Do you get lake effect?

6. magneto259

magneto259 Senior Member

I'm curious as to what the average number of events in central Ohio is? More specifically Licking county Ohio. Is there a prefered site to look up this I to? Thanks in advance!

7. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

Looking for ten year averages....

In northeast PA anybody have a ten year average? I just started three years ago and well we all know how those years went. Looking for plow based on two inch push, and salt application average # of applications. Putting together seasonals and would like to have safe ranges for allowables. Any info would be helpful...we get a little more than Philly area if that helps.

8. MetroProperties

MetroProperties Junior Member