1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is the average length of a driveway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MICHPLOWER, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MICHPLOWER

MICHPLOWER Member

What are some of your guy's average lengths of a driveway you guys plow?
    2 car lenght by 2 car lengths??

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sure. Sounds good.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Well what are you looking for? the lenth? the lenght? or the length? you are going to have to be more specific.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Be careful of averaging.

Put one foot in a bucket of hot water, and the other foot in a bucket of ice water....that's what average feels like.

5. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Good answer! :nod:

Around here, theirs not many 3 car length driveways, my driveway (my parents) is a 18 car driveway. But there's some 30 car and 40 car ones around here! Their might be one or two 50 car drives. .. But those are mostly only one car width. These are just in my town, if you go the next town over, it's avg is more like 3-4 car lenghts and 2 car width, some only 1 car width.

6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

An average driveway around wear i live is 16' wide x 1500' long. A normal 2 car driveway there is no such thing some are 20 x 24 or 24 x 30. If you are concerned about size get a walking wheel and measure. I'm more concerned by were to put the snow than the size. A 20 x 24 driveway may take 2xs the time than a 16 x 1500 drive would take.Just think in time one pass in and turn around and drive out all done.

7. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Averages vary by location

8. Premier

Premier Senior Member

1/2 mile long wide enough to get a fire truck up them as long as i have plowed and salted.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Average length = sum of length of all driveways divided by number of driveways.

10. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

I like TCLA's answer better :D