1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is SIMA???

Discussion in 'Snow & Ice Management Association - SIMA' started by LawnProLandscapes, Feb 11, 2008.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

Im fairly new still to plow site and just saw this forum was added. Can anybody give me some info. and details on the Snow & Ice Management Association? any information and help is appreciated.

thanks

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its an asscoiation that deals with snow and ice managament...,.:rolleyes: no idea otherwise .....:D

3. SIMASTAFF

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

Sima

SIMA is the trade association for our industry, and we currently focus on training and education for snow and ice professionals. Some of the things we do include:

-We represent over 1000 members in the US and Canada, and have a national publication, Snow Business magazine. We provide benefits for our members including template contracts, forms, and other materials, as well as members-only portions of our website that includes help on insurance, deicing/anti-icing, and more...

-We have a certification program, Certfied Snow Professional...this is the national certification for snow contractors who own or manage the business

-Annual Snow & Ice Symposium--- 2 days of trade show and 3 days of educational sessions focused on snow and ice, and the business behind it

-Web Seminars: Our newest training venture are a series of web seminars designed to be accessible to snow contractors across the US, so they can get access to solid training...the next webinar is Using Liquids the Smart Way: A Practical Approach to Using Liquds for Snow & Ice --- you can get more info at http://webinars.sima.org

Those are just a few of the things we do, I hope this helps! You can get more info at our website, www.sima.org

Brian Birch
    Asst. Executive Director, SIMA

4. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Cant get a better answer than that sir.:salute:

5. LawnProLandscapes

awesome, thank you very much for the quick response. Ill definately check the site out and look more into it.

thanks
    ben

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

if you are anybody in snow and ice you know sima huge show one of our best customers finds everthing at sima

8. LawnProLandscapes

gv you going to the show in Buffalo? im thinking about going and checking it out. i got family that lives in tonnawanda (not sure on the spelling) that i could probaly stay with.

9. LawnProLandscapes

ok, guess to you ima nobody but thats cool... also can you add some punctuation or something to make your last part there a little easier to read.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I going to swing by and check it out. Tom from Sno-way is going to have a booth and were going to use his company charge card for a night out. business related of course!payup

11. LawnProLandscapes

lol that sounds awesome... yea i think they can write it off as entertainment expenses lol :drinkup:

12. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

13. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

is there a group discount being initiated for membership for any and all PLOWSITE members?hint ,hint...

14. SIMASTAFF

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

Group Discount

Cincy Snowdog,
    If you are in Cincinnati, then I've got two words for you; Skyline Rules! My girlfriend lives in Cincinnati and I eat at least 4 cheese coneys everytime I go there.

As for a group discount, I can offer anyone who signs up with SIMA and mentions Plowsite a free training video...i know I know why would you want a video when you already know how to plow? One video is a $99 value, and these videos are great for training new recruits and for refresher training every year---they can help form a standard training program for your company that you use every year, to increase skill level and to show how you prepare your people for snow, in case you are ever in a situation where people are asking how you train people...we have seven different training videos to choose from, ranging from Beginning and Intermediate snow plowing, Basics of Deicing, Sidewalks, Containment Plows, to using Skid Steers for snow.

You can join by calling our office at 414-375-1940 or visit our website at www.sima.org, if you have any questions feel free to call and ask for me!

Brian Birch
    Asst. Executive Director

15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Hey Brian,
    I just joined last week, did not see this before, I'm I still good for a free video. Already ordered 365 degrees of Snow and Ice Management.
    Paul

PS I think SIMA is awesome.

16. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Does one have to be a member of SIMA to attend the show in Buffalo?

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

No the show is an open show for anyone to attend.

18. LawnProLandscapes

well its been a while since my original post but i finally joined up :cool: now im part of the cool club lol... time to go cruise around the site and start learning

any way i can get that free video?

19. SIMASTAFF

SIMASTAFF Sponsor
    from Midwest

Free Video

LawnProLandCare,
    Welcome to the cool club ;)

Call Heather at 414-375-1940 and talk to her about a video...tell her that you are a fan of Engleburt Humperdink...that should get you a free video (now you are really on the inside track my friend). Let me know if you need anything from SIMA, glad to have you aboard, definitely log in at www.sima.org and take a look around!

Sincerely
    Brian Birch
    Assistant Exec. Director
    SIMA
    Brian@sima.org

20. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what u talkin bout my cousin for.........:D