1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is needed to replace a MM1 blade/moldboard with a conventional/speedcast blade?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 15, 2010.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Just like it says. I have a new (to me) truck with a 8' MM1 setup, works fine, but there are two small holes in the board. I have a conventional 8' speedcast setup off my old truck, blade is great with new edge. I'd like to put that blade on the rest of the MM1 setup, which I'm pretty sure is possible just not sure what I need to do.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Just take the A frame and angle cylinders off the blades. Then put the speed cast blade on the MM1 A frame and angle clylinders.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK, it is that simple? Great. I wasn't sure if there were early/late versions of the MM1 frame that might not work. It is a hyd/hyd setup MM1. I should be bringing the new truck home today. Is there any special tools needed to do this R&R? I have a pretty good set of tools just don't want any surprises and have never looked to closely at what holds the center pivot pin on there...

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yerp all you need to do is use your old A-frame the blade is the same

5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

just some side cutter and some new cotter pins for the angle pins the center pin may have a roll pin in it if so then a punch and a hammer make sure you lube up everything it will help when swapping the pins over good luck

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Actually you don't even really need to swap the A-frame on the RD/HD blades unless it is one of the 7.5' RDs that had 22.5" ear spacing. The only real difference is the bar in back of the a-frame that the torsion spring from the MM headgear assembly hits. This "assists" in keeping the headgear up when the plow is off.

We had one running with the old a-frame for a while as it really did not come off the truck during the season. Now I welded a piece of angle on the back of it for the spring to hit. Going to do the same thing when I mount up the old style Diamond V I just bought to the MM setup.