1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What Is it worth?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by risin187, Oct 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. risin187

risin187 Member

says its solid besides the paint it needs nothing. Is there a way to hook it up to test it?
    plow is from the early 2000's fisherv8.6
    If you have one how do you like it

fisherv1.jpg

fisherv2.jpg

fisherv3.jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'd offer the guy $1,500.

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

$1500 u would be doing good good luck

4. mercer_me

You can all ways offer more but you can't all ways come down.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

$1500 all day

6. dodge15004x45.9

dodge15004x45.9 Senior Member
    from malvern

I'm new to plowing and all but the ribs look like there showing on the front of the plow. I say shot.

7. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I have a 8'6" v in way better condition then that, im only looking for $1700 with the number one control harness needed, and the v controller! if your interested let me know.

8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

When I look at equipment I take into consideration the way it looks as to how well its taken care of. Any one can say anything about equipment but if I were looking for a plow and came across that I would tend to think it was just rode hard and put away wet, so to speak. I had a first generation Fisher V and it had a few problems and both the Fisher dealer and Jerre said sometimes they're more headaches than they are worth.

9. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Agreed, you east coast guys know theres more than one plow manufacture beside fisher :D

10. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i would look for another fisher v,

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Fisher makes a great plow, thats all we use for our trucks. Nothing lasts forever but they had quite a few problems with the first V blade and many things that can go wrong with them compared to a newer one or just a straight blade. There are different types of abuse, whether its been beat on ramming piles or just left to sit outside for years. I would give any more than 1k for it, and thats if everything worked perfect on it, but thats just my opinion.

12. risin187

risin187 Member

bought another 1

Well I went to the fisher dealer by my house to show him the pics of the plow,
    and he said I'll save ya the 1hr 45 drive to go get it, then proceded to go out in the shop
    and showed me this ezV.I bought the plow, next week he's gonna install it.pics to follow

$1500 was gonna be my offer for that plow Its in palmyra ny at ap auto parts

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I think you made the right choice....have a great winter.

14. risin187

risin187 Member

install day is thursday

15. mercer_me

I'm looking forward to seing pictures.