1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is it really worth and when/how to sell

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAZ982500, Apr 26, 2007.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I purchased a 96 Dodge Ram 2500 reg cab with 7.5 fisher has 96k for 5000 dollars.After driving it for the past few months I have PUT ABOUT 1000 into it.I am concerned that I will end up putting more into it than what it is worth.How can I determine what it is really worth and when is the best time to sell it.I use it for landsacping now.I have put new brakes on, cluth plate for compresor and new sending unit for tank.I think at best 6k but made in the fall it will be more valuable.I sure don,nt want to lose here.After the last truck burning up this will be the last Dodge truck I will ever own in my life time.By the way there are other concerns such as trasnsfer case will not go in 4low and ABS light is on as well as Brake light on so its not as though I am expecting the worst, its that there are indications of future problems here. Any thoughts might be helpful here Dave
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I treat equipment like real estate and find comps...Look threw your local Bargain hunters,Want ads,Trader books,News papers and see what people are asking and average that out.
    I've found retail book values mostly to be a fantasy,some where between Trade in and Private party is where "most" stuff sells.
    I personally have never purchased anything for more than loan value to protect myself.Leaves a cushion for the unknown.
    After watching for a bit you'll notice what's selling and what's not...
    Keep in mind I have been selling equipment of some sort (Marine,Construction) since 1985,This is just what has worked for me.
  3. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

in order to hit 4-lo the tranny must be in neutral, not park, and may need to be rolling slow...

the ABS and BRAKE light are the same issue. Replace the abs sender/sensor that is screwed into the top of the rear diff. My mechanic has told me that this is one of the most common repairs he makes...the part is under $40.00