1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

What is in the DRL kit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pholverson, Jan 26, 2008.

1. pholverson

pholverson Junior Member

I installed a used Unimount on my 02 F150 w/ DRLs (truck was built in Canada if that makes a difference). I believe that the harness I got was right for my truck except that it did not include the DRL kit (#61584 needed per the manual). From looking at the wiring diagram, it appears that the DRL kit is simply a single wire that runs from a wire that is hot when the ignition is on, to the relay terminals that normally have the brown wire running to them. I made my own wire, but still don't have working lights. Is there more to the DRL kit?

All the plow functions work fine except the lights.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Nope, DRL kit is a wire with an inline fuse that goes to a keyed hot and the terminals on the relays where the brown wire would go.

Time to get a test light out and make sure that you have power where you need it. Best to go to westerns site a download the mechanics guide. It will walk you right through the troubleshooting process.
  3. pholverson

pholverson Junior Member

Thanks, I went through the trouble shooting procedure and discovered that both relays were bad. Now lights work fine.